For the first time since the end of the 2019 season, Penn State fans will be allowed to pack Beaver Stadium as the Nittany Lions hosts Ball State on Saturday in their home opener.
For the 107,000 fans that make their way to the game, they’ll see improvements made by the university to Beaver Stadium which are intended to improve the Game Day experience.
Here are the biggest things that have been changed:
- Gates E and F have been widened, which will ease the entry process for fans and is intended to reduce the heavy congestion near the ticket office at Beaver Stadium.
- Walkways around the outside of the stadium have been extended, which will improve circulation.
- Mobile tickets are now in place for all fans, which will cut down on the amount of physical contact. The schools says that fans have been provided a variety of resources regarding mobile ticketing this summer to ease the transition, including a mobile ticketing guide at http://GoPSUsports.com/mobiletickets.
- To go along with this, mobile ticket scanners and walkthrough metal detectors have been added at every entry point. Penn State is asking fans that have mobile tickets, to down them to their Apple Wallet or Google Pay prior to leaving for the game.
- The school would like to see fans coming into Beaver Stadium after the gates are open instead of waiting till close to kickoff. As an incentive for that to happen, fans will receive a concessions discount ($1 off of every $5 spent) for the first 45 minutes after stadium gates open.
- To help fans with their phones, multiple charging stations have been installed in and around Beaver Stadium. These kiosks will have charging units and adapters for iOS and Android devices.
- Fans will have the chance to win money as a 50/50 Raffle has been added during all home games. One fan will win 50% of the funds collected at the game with the proceeds used to support athletic scholarships through the Penn State’s Nittany Lion Club Levi Lamb Fund. These tickets will be sold throughout the stadium and will end sometime in the 3rd quarter. The winner will be announced before the end of the game and winner does not need to be present to claim their prize. For more information, go to http://gopsusports.com/50-50.
The university also wants to remind fans that the game day traffic pattern will return to the 2019 plan. The one-way traffic pattern will begin four hours prior to kickoff and 8:30 a.m. for Noon games. Something new this year will be, day of game parking can no longer be purchased at select lots and can only be purchased at the Innovation Park Building 100 parking lot (subject to availability). Game day parking sales will begin when lots open until sold out or kickoff, whichever comes first.