Thursday morning, Penn State announced the impending creation of the “Beaver Stadium Tunnel Club”.
Penn State just announced a tunnel club. $10,000 annual memberships. pic.twitter.com/EgkS7r5gaa
— Ben Jones (@Ben_Jones88) May 25, 2023
Here’s what to know about what a marketing release calls a “new, exclusive space.”
- It will be located on the south end of the stadium, where the team runs out of the “iconic south tunnel” before every home game.
- It will feature two “members-only spaces.”
- There will be an open bar
- Free food and snacks will be provided
- There will be private bathrooms
- There will be exclusive WiFi that will require a password
- “Spectacular views of the team taking the field each game”
- Additional access
- It will cost $10k a year to join
The $10k will cover each of Penn State’s seven home games for members, as well as five additional events which are yet to be determined.
“Members will also be able to rent the club for private events and parties,” the release said.
The membership fee is “non-charitable and does NOT count toward any ticket or parking purchase/contribution.”
Beaver Stadium is also undergoing a significant renovation. The first phase of it was approved earlier this month.
“I know there is a lot of interest in this project,” University President Dr. Neeli Bendapudi said when renovation plans first came to light in February, “and we are still at the beginning of a multi-year journey, which still must include proposal review and approval by the board of trustees. Athletics also will need to put the project out for bid.”
Bendapudi said Penn State’s fans are “some of the most dedicated and loyal in the world” and “deserve a facility that has upgrades, amenities and improved circulation around the facility to enhance the fan experience.”
It’s not clear if the Tunnel Club will be ready by the team’s season opener with West Virginia, scheduled for Sept. 2.
Only a limited number of membership spots will be available. Fans who are interested can find out more information here.